My favourite Kazakh writer, Mukhtar Auezov, was born in 1897. He is a man of encyclopedic knowledge and erudition. Mukhtar Auezov is a significant person both in his life and in creative activity. He wrote more than twenty plays and many magnificent stories. The top of his activity was the people about Abai.
The first 20 years of Auezov’s life resemble the childhood, youth and young years of his favourite poet and spiritual teacher- Abai. Later in his famous work, he described the same steppe, the same aul, the same social atmosphere.
With his works, Mukhtar Auezov raised the Kazakh literature up to the highest level. Many works of different genres belong to him. His brilliant translations of world literary classics confirm his great talent. He published many interesting articles, made reports, composing textbooks and read lectures in colleges and universities. His professional researches became the basis for some new branches in studying folklore, epos, history and linguistics of the Turks. He was elected as a professor of the Moscow State University.
His main work is closely connected with the image of the great son of the Kazakh people Abai. He devoted more than 15 years of his life to writing this book. This book was the most significant for him. As the writer said, the process of writing the novels about Abai turned into the most fascinating business of all his life. This book was called the original encyclopedia of many-sided features of the Kazakh people’s mode of life. It opened a vivid variety of culture and history of the ancient land and showed the riches of its customs and traditions to the whole world.
The works written by Mukhtar Auezov are still popular even now and are considered to be the original classics of Kazakh literature. His name remained eternally in the memory of many people.
|1.||a man of encyclopedic knowledge||человек энциклопедических знаний|
|10.||fascinating business||замечательное дело|
|11.||mode of life||уклад жизни|
|12.||vivid variety||четкое разнообразие|
|14.||to be considered||считаться|
I.Find the most appropriate variant and finish the sentence.
1. The first 20 years of Auezov’s life ____________________.
A.were very interesting and exiting
B.resemble the childhood, youth and young years of his favourite poet
C.were spent together with his favourite poet
2. His brilliant translations of world literary classics _________________.
A. made him cleverer
B. gave him a lot of fame and money
C. showed that he was talented
3. He was elected as ________________.
A. a professor of the Moscow State University
B. the president of Kazakh Writers’ Association
C. the best Kazakh writer
4. This book __________________ was the most significant for him.
A. which he wrote all his life
B. which he wrote more than 15 years
C. which he wrote about 15 years
5. His name remained eternally _______________________.
A. in the history of many countries
B. in the memory of all his relatives
C. in the memory of many people
II.What is the meaning of the underlined words. Tick the correct answer.
1. He was a significant person both in his life and in creative activity.
A. important or great especially in leading to an important result.
B. enough for a particular purpose.
2. The first 20 years of Auezov’s life resemble childhood, youth and young years. of his favourite poet and spiritual teacher — Abai.
A. describe childhood.
B. reflect his life.
3. This book was called the original encyclopedia of many-sided features of the Kazakh people’s mode of life.
A. A thick book with many pages.
B. A book containing a large collection of information about many subjects.
4. His name remained eternally in the memory of many people.
A. People will remember his name forever.
B. He is famous for his name.
I. 1. T 2. F 3. F 4. T 5. F
II. favour — favourite- favourable- unfavourable, classic- classical, program- programmed, add- added- additional, differ- different- indifferent, excite-exciting.
List of references
- Oskenbayev A.A. Brush up your talk // My favourite Kazakh writer. – 2014. – С. 124-125.
- John Escott New York, Factfiles [Книга]. — New York: Oxford University Press, 1997.