Class: 7 в
Theme: “Types of schools”
Type of the lesson: introduction of the new materials
Aims: Types of schools туралы мәлімет беріп, мектеп түрлері туралы түсіндіру.
Connection of the subject: Russia
Equipment’s of the lesson: cards, interactive board, poster.
Procedure of the lesson:
- Organization moment:
– Good afternoon, children!
– Good afternoon, teacher!
– How are you?
– We are fine! And you?
– I’m fine. Who is on duty today?
– I’m …
– What date is it today?
– Who is absent today?
– All are present!
– Thank you, sit down.
- Phonetic drill.
- Checking home task.
– What was your homework?
– Learn words.
– O’k. Go to the blackboard and ask each other’s homework.
– Thank you, sit down please!
– Take the stickers on the table and what written is divided into two groups. The first group – primary school, second group –secondary school.
– Boys and girls open your copybooks and write down today’s date. Today our new theme is called “Types of schools” and we do some grammar exercises.
education – образования
headmasterheadmistress – директор
mark – оценка
timetable – расписание
state school – государственная школа
secondary school – средняя школа
comprehensive school – общеобразовательная школа
private school – частная школа
primary school – начальная школа
boarding school – школа интернат
school – школа
high school –старшая школа
Exercise 1. Read the text and translate.
First group : Education in Great Britain.
In Great Britain children start going to school when they are five and continue studying until they are 16 or older. Compulsory education begins at the age of five when they go to primary school. Primary education lasts for six years. First they attend the infant school from five to seven.
In infant schools children don’t have real classes. They get acquainted with the class – room, desks, play and through plating. They learn numbers and how to add them. When children are seven they go to junior school which they attend until eleven. Boys and girls study at junior school for four years. There they have classes, read and write, do mathematics.
At secondary school pupils study English, Maths, Science, Geography, History, Art, Music, Foreign languages and PT. there are some types of secondary schools in Great Britain. They are grammar school, modern schools and comprehensive schools. One can attend modern school but of a modern school don’t learn foreign languages.
Second group: Education in Kazakhstan.
We started school at the age of seven. After four years of primary school we went to secondary school. Primary and secondary schools together comprise eleven years of classes are compulsory in our republic.
Our school year began on the first of September and ended in May. It lasted 9 months. We had four holidays a year: winter, spring, summer and autumn. On the 1st of September we got acquainted with our teachers and had our first lessons. Every lesson lasted 45 minutes. Every day we had 5 or 6 lessons.
The primary school curriculum included such as subjects Kazakh, Maths, Russian, Drawing, PT and Music. We had also Nature classes. Our school was not English but we had English classes which started in the 2nd form.
Recently Kazakhstan has also developed several types of schools with greater specialization such as gymnasium, technical, lyceums and private schools. Education is free, except those which work on a commercial basic.
Answer the questions. (True and false).
1) Primary education lasts for six years.
2) At secondary school pupils study English, Maths, Science, Geography, History, Art.
1) We had four holidays a year: winter, spring, summer and autumn.
2) Every day we had 4 or 5 lessons.
Work with poster
I will give you posters, you must write education systems in against group’s countries.
Listen to me attentively. I’ll read a puzzle you must guess the subjects.
1. We learn to draw and pain pictures in this subject. (ART)
2. We can learn about events of the past and long time ago. (History)
3. When I study _____, I learn A.B.C. (English)
4. We learn about other places, countries and cities in __________ (Geography)
5. We learn to sing, dance and play the dombra in this subject. (Music)
6. We study numbers in this subject. (Mathematics)
Exercise 3. Walking dictation
I will read words and pupil in each group must come to the blackboard and write it correctly.
School, education, infant, junior, children, secondary, compulsory, comprehensive, grammar, modern, subject, private, primary, special.
- Did you understand new theme?
- Did you like the theme?
- Have you got any questions?
Now the leaders of each team put your marks.
- I put “5” for…
- I put “4” for …
- You are clever guys! You worked very good!
- Home task.
So dear friends, your home task for the next lesson is to write down short essay “My school”. Use the plan.
1.My school (type, studies,).
– Stand up, boys and girls!
- The lesson is over.
- Good bye, see you later!
- Good-bye, teacher!