Form: 5 «б»
The theme of the lesson: “There is / there are ”
The aims of the lesson:
- To explain to pupils how and when to use the structure “there is and there are”; to explain to pupils the difference between them;
- To develop their reading, speaking and listening abilities;
- To bring up them to be attentive at the lesson and to respect each other.
Type of the lesson: new lesson.
The procedure of the lesson:
- The main part.
|I. Introduction. Organization moment.
– Good morning , pupils!
– How are you?
– What season is it now?
– What month is it now?
– What day of the week is it today?
– What date is it today?
– What is the weather like today?
II. The main part.
Now, all of you look at the blackboard. There is an English proverb. “There is no place like home ”. before beginning our lesson, try to translate the proverb. What is the proverb about? How do you translate it into Kazakh? Can you explain its meaning?
Thank you for your answers. Now, take your vocabularies and write down the new words of our new theme.
Carpet – кілем
On the wall – қабырғада
On the table –үстел үстінде
Explanation of the grammar: there is/ there are.
There is (singular noun)
There are (plural noun)
There is a sofa in my room.
There are two sofas in my room.
There is a sofa and two armchairs in my room.
|Task 1. Complete the sentences. Write “there is ” or “there are”
1. _______ eight desks in our classroom.
2. _____ a blackboard in our classroom.
3. _______ a carpet in my room.
4. _______ three books on the table.
5. ______ a picture on the wall.
6. ______ a TV and two chairs in the living-room.
7. ______ many classrooms in our school.
8. ______ an apple on the dish.
9. ______ four books in me bag.
10. ______ a bed in the bedroom.
Task2. Translate the following sentences into English.
1. Біздің қалада 3 кинотеатр бар.
2. Менің үйімде 5 бөлме бар.
3. Үстелдің үстінде кітап тұр.
4. Қабырғада екі сурет ілулі тұр.
5. Біздің сыныпта үш терезе бар.
Have you understood the grammar?
Please answer my questions.
How many students are there in our class?
How many theatres are there in our town?
How many libraries are there in our school?
How many computers are there on the table?
Thank you for your answers. Well done!
Do you have any questions?
When should we use “there is”?