Открытый урок по английскому языку с использованием информационных технологий
« Mass Media. Television.
Theme: Mass Media. Television. Advertisement.
Materials: cards with topical vocabulary, pictures, a short text for listening, cards with different situations for discussing, a motto, interactive board.
Goals: a. Educating: improving listening, learning how to use vocabulary.
- Developing: to develop imagination, to develop speaking skills.
- Bringing up: to teach students how to work in groups, to teach to cooperate, to be polite.
Objectives: a. SWBAT use new topical vocabulary in sentences.
- _______ write a paragraph using new vocabulary
- _______ make unprepared speech
d._______ make an advertisement
e._______ create their own article for a magazine for teenagers
The procedure of the lesson
- Organization moment.
Teacher: Good – morning to everybody! I see you are all in a good mood. I wish you good success, active and fruitful work at the lesson. I see nobody missing. Let’s start our lesson.
- Introduction of the theme:
Teacher: I want you to guess about the theme of our lesson.
Please listen to a short passage and tell me what we’ll talk about today?
Students listen to the short text. (Приложение 1)
Teacher: Do you have any ideas?
Teacher: What words can be associated with the words “Mass Media”? (Приложение 2)
Teacher: Pay attention to the quotation, which is on the blackboard.
“Obtain information, obtain in the world”
What is your opinion? Do you agree or not? What are your reasons
Teacher: Let’s continue working. I want you to split into 3 groups.
Group I: Mass Media (newspapers and magazines)
Group II: Television
Group III: Advertisement
- Reviewing the words into 3 categories.
(Each group chooses only the words that belong to their topic). One student from each group reads all the suitable words.
2.Speaking and writing
The 1st activity – think of a sentence using a word
The 2nd activity – talk about the word to your partners during a minute
The 3rd activity – write a paragraph with your topical vocabulary.
- IV. Energizer: Imagine yourself in the role of one mass media. Tell us about your feelings.
- Project work:
Teacher: You are eager to present your projects.
|You should create your own article for a magazine for teenagers||You should prepare a short interesting TV program||You should write your own advertisement for a new product|
Teacher: While the students are doing their tasks some students from each group will discuss the situations connected with mass media.
Two situations for each group (приложение 3)
- Choose the right answer. (приложение 4)
Teacher: And now we want you to read the text quickly and choose the right answer.
- Skimming of the text (from Tsvetkova)
The text – “Do you think mass media play an important part in the life of society?”
- Find positive and negative influence of mass media on people and society.
- Explain why do you think so?
- Quiz «What kind of viewer are you?»
Teacher: What sort of viewer are you? What’s your relationship with television? To find out, choose the answer you like best and then read what your answers mean.
- You look up the programmes before you put the TV on.
- If there isn’t a programme which interests you, you don’t switch on the TV.
- You’ve got favourite programmes which you can’t miss.
- A lot
- You like talking to friends about television programmes.
Majority of A answer.
For you watching TV is a way of escaping from reality. TV keeps you company and doesn’t ask for much in return. Be careful not to isolate yourself from others or give up more interesting things. Sometimes it’s good to escape from reality, but it’s important that you shouldn’t do it too often.
Majority of B answer.
Television isn’t very important for you. It’s no problem to give it up if there’s something more interesting to do. But if you have to stay at home you watch whatever’s on that night. So, be careful not to be too superficial in choise!
Majority of C answer.
You’ve got an active relationship with TV. You have a good critical sense and know how to choose programmes. Be careful not to give TV too much importance and don’t let it influence your language and way of life too much. Sometimes it’s better to read a book.
VII. Production “The Influence of the media” (discussion)
- Students’ impressions
- What mass media do you prefer?
- Could you explain why?
VIII. The conclusion of the lesson.
Teacher: Now, let’s make the conclusion to our work.
- What did we talk at the lesson today?
- What mass media influence your life mostly?
- Will you compare the role of different mass media in your life?
Teacher: So, we’ve learned that Mass Media help us to learn more about the world around, to become more intelligent. So? I should say, that “obtain information, obtain the world”.
- Evaluation: You have shown good knowledge. You were good and clever students. Some of you were very bright and active. Thank you very much to everybody.
- Home task: to write a paragraph about influence of the media to people.
- «Английский язык в школе»
- Цветкова И.В, Клепальченко И.А, «Английский язык для школьников и поступающих в Вузы», 2000 г
- Сушкевич А.С, Маглыш М.А, «Устные темы с упражнениями», 2001 г.
- Т.Аяпова, З.Абильдиева, Ж.Тутбаева, «Учебник 11 класса»
Mass Media (приложение 1)
People want to know what is going on in the world, in the country, city, town or village, what people are anxious about. There are different national and local papers, dailies and weeklies, some that are issued 3 times a week and even monthlies. They satisfy different interests and tastes.
People also become better informed by watching documentaries, science programs, discussions and by learning the most important issues of the day.
Situations (for discussion)(приложение 3)
- Mass media inform, educate and entertain people.
- Radio is more useful that TV.
- Television is like a drug.
- We can’t live without TV nowadays.
- Advertising has become part of our life.
- The best advert is a good product.
Choose the right answer. (приложение 4)
- Mass media.
- Do not play any part in the society.
- Are only source of entertainment.
- Can’t change the people’s views on the events.
- Play a very important in our life.
Choose the right answer.
- Doesn’t play any role in our life.
- Doesn’t enrich the people’s knowledge.
- Dominates the life of the family most of the time.
- Programs always tell lies.
Choose the right answer.
- Always tells the true facts.
- Is 100% misleading.
- Annoys the general public.
- On TV is cheap.